Christmas special: Rent for 14 days’ pay for 7 * subject to availability.
Free Delivery on all Vehicles *
Van Hire We also have Mini Vans Car Hire Services Local and Reliable Ford Transit Volkswagon Volvo White wide wheel base van


Below are some of the more common questions we get asked by our customers. If you still need advice, please get in touch.



Do you open on Sundays and bank holidays?

Our opening hours are 8am till 5.30pm Monday - Friday, 8am till 4pm on Saturdays and 8am till 10am on Sundays (small charge applies). Give us a call to check availability.

What is the insurance excess on the vehicle?

There is an insurance excess on all vehicles on our fleet. For standard vehicles this excess is £1000 we can recommended an excess reduction policy as we are affiliated with Questor.

Any questions surrounding different excess’s on our fleet please call us to talk to one of our professionals who will be happy to assist.

Do I need a special license for Vans?

All hire vans up to and including Luton/box vans can be driven on a standard car license (Category B license) as they will have a maximum gross/laden weight of 3.5 tonnes or less. Anyone wishing to drive a 7.5t truck will need a Category C1 entitlement on their licenses. If you took your car test before 01/01/1997, you should already have this. Anyone who has taken their car test since 01/01/1997 will need to take a separate Category C1 test. 17 seater minibuses require Category D1 on your licence.

What do I have to have with me when I collect the vehicle?

When taking collection of your hire vehicle you need to have the following available:

Driving License: All UK residents must produce a full valid British or International driving licence held for at least one year (If you have a new UK photo card licence you must produce the paper counterpart also) All International hirers must provide a readable unexpired licence from their country of origin. If the licence is not in English, an international driving permit must also be provided. It is the hirers responsibility to ensure that he / she has the appropriate licence.

Identification: All UK residents must produce 2 forms of ID (e.g. a recent utility bill or bank statement, no older than three months, and a valid credit, switch or debit card in the name of the main hirer). If a credit/debit card is not in the main hirers name the card holder will need to come in and sign a authorization form.

Do you offer delivery and collection?

Delivery and collection can be arranged subject to availability. If you would like to have a vehicle delivered and collected please contact our call centre to arrange the hire on +44 (0) 1708 74 66 22.

*Free delivery on all vehicles - this is only available on hires over 7 days duration.

What do I do in the event of an accident?

In the event of an accident occurring with our vehicle, there are several things that you need to do:

  • Get the details of the other party
  • Get details of any witnesses
  • Inform your local branch

You need to perform the actions above as soon after the accident as possible to avoid any complications with your claim. BWC Vehicle Hire do not admit liability.

Do you provide breakdown cover?

We provide full 24 hour breakdown cover at no extra cost. Full instructions are provided with your hire vehicle, telling you what you need to do in the event of a problem occurring with your vehicle.

What is your fuel policy?

All vehicles are provided on a Like for Like basis. We provide the vehicle with an amount of fuel requesting that you return the vehicle with the same amount. Failure to do this will result in a charge being levied per 1/8th tank. E.G. Hiring a car with a full tank and returning with 7/8ths will result in a charge for 1/8th tank. This means that we will not ask for a fuel deposit when the vehicle is collected.

Are there any mileage restrictions?

All our vehicles are provided with unlimited mileage. There are no additional charges to pay for travelling over a certain distance.

How old are your vehicles?

Our fleet is rotated on a regular basis with most vehicles being approximately one year old.

Do I have to pay to take the vehicle abroad?

You are not permitted to take our vehicles abroad unless prior written permission has been provided and accepted by BWC. There may also be an additional charge to do so. If you want to go abroad this should be mentioned at the time of booking with information about the length of time out of the country and the countries you are visiting so as to enable our staff time to get all relevant documentation and cover arranged. This documentation is essential when passing national borders as otherwise the vehicle is liable to be seized by .Customs and Excise. All of this documentation can be obtained from us and customers should contact us for a quote. Please note that some countries are not eligible for this cover.

What additional services are available?

Additional Drivers are charged at £25 per driver per week or £5 per day for hires of less than 7 days. This is capped at 2 weeks and any further weeks additional driver cover is free.

Child Seats: Child seats are available at all locations at a cost of £25 per seat for the duration of the hire. Please note that for legal reasons, you are responsible for fitting all child seats yourself.

What methods of payment do you accept?

We accept all major credit cards and debit cards apart from Diners Club and American Express. We do not accept cash or cheque as a method of payment for deposits under any circumstances. All credit and debit cards used must be in the name of the main hirer of the vehicle. In order to accept 3rd party payments the person paying must be present at the time of hiring.

Driving License Requirements, Updates and advice to motorists on abolition of the counterpart to the photocard driving licence.

You are required to provide evidence of what vehicles you can drive or confirmation of any penalty points, you can request a unique code from here which will allow you to share your driving licence details or you can download a summary of your driving licence record. The code will last for up to 72 hours and will allow the hire companies to make any necessary checks. You can also request a code by calling 0300 083 0013. This also applies if you have a paper licence that was issued before 1998.

We can call a unique premium rate line when you arrive as an alternative to the online application and this will cost the hirer £5.00

You'll need

* Your driving licence number
* Your National Insurance number
* The postcode on your driving licence


Drivers between 21-25 will be subject to a young driver surcharge of £10.00 per day and the Excess will be raised subject to our insurers recommendation and authorization. Insurance cover for over 72 years of age will be subject to our insurance companies discretion as to whether we can rent a vehicle to you.

Need Extras?
First Class Van Hire
Vehicle Hire
  • All Brand New Vehicles
  • Free Delivery & Collection
  • Unlimited Mileage
  • Long-Term Hire
  • Fully Insured
  • RAC Covered
  • No Hidden Extras
Car Hire Delivery
Members of BVRLA
Van Hire Quote nhs offers